For the past couple of weeks, we have been processing the travesties regarding social injustice and police brutality against Black communities across the country. During this time, we have been listening; reaching out to a variety of Black creatives; and ultimately, we have been learning. As part of this process, we as an organization have realized we must do more. If we are truly listening and learning, we must take action.
After weeks of listening, learning and organizing we are ready to announce our first step in taking action. We are excited to launch a raffle event! Seeing that we are a wellness studio, dedicated to healing by embracing the arts, each raffle item has been specially curated from Black artists, writers and creatives! Additionally, we will be donating 100% of the proceeds to Black Lives Matter Inland Empire (BLMIE). This raffle will be ongoing, in order to raise as much funds as we possibly can. Our goal is to reach $1,000 before announcing the winner!
- An 8.5×11 signed print of Aaron Dworkin’s mixed media artwork: Fredrick Douglass
- Original photography by lucidvisions: A “Thug’s” Cry
- The ABCs of Diversity: Helping Kids (and Ourselves!) Embrace Our Differences by Carolyn B. Helsel and Joy Harris-Smith
- Audre Lorde quote canvas tote by For Colored Girls
- (1)H.O.P.E. Wellness Studio t-shirt
- 1 raffle ticket = $25
- 5 raffle tickets = $45
- 10 raffle tickets = $85
- 20 raffle tickets = $100+
We strongly urge our followers and participants to spread the word and encourage others to take part. More importantly, we encourage you all to make the commitment to listen, learn and act; and to offer your support in the best way you can. We want to help reinvigorate, re-empower and rebuild our community, to be stronger together and make long-lasting moves to seek realized justice for our local Black communities.